1. Contestants must cook a minimum of 1
brisket or 1 slab of pork ribs to to participate in the BBQ
Cook-off----Maximum of 3 briskets and 3 slabs of pork.
2. The category to judged is Beef Brisket and
3. Contestants may check in beginning at 4:00
p.m. till 10:00 p.m. Friday July31st and 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
August 1st. At check- in, meat must be raw, thawed, and
unseasoned. Cooking cannot begin until the meat has been tagged.
It is the responsibility of the Head Cook to make sure the meat
is inspected and tagged at the Tagging Station that is provided.
Any untagged meat will be disqualified.
4. Entries are due at check-in.
5. All cooking teams must be in place by 9:00
a.m., Saturday August 1st. To qualify for In County Beef Team,
the Chief Cook must be from Fayette County.
6. Chief Cooks Meeting will be at 8:30 a.m.
7. A 20 x 40 foot area will be available for
each team. Placing of teams on the grounds will begin Thursday,
July 30th after 6:00 p.m. A committeeman will designate your
location. No vehicles on camping grounds, Unload and Remove.
Teams are not allowed to have ATVs or 4 wheel carts unless a
Schulenburg Director or a Go Texan Committeeman. Due to limited
Space, only One Travel Trailer will be allowed per BBQ Team.
8. Contestants must supply all needed
equipment and supplies. Contestants must not share cooking
equipment. Each space with an entry must have a separate Pit and
Chief Cook. Under no circumstances will one person be allowed to
monitor the cooking on several pits. Violations will result in
9. The Fayette County Go Texan Committee will
not be responsible for theft or damage to equipment.
10. Fires must be wood or wood substance. No
electric or gas fires will be allowed. Holes or dug pits are NOT
11. The Chief Cook will be held responsible
for the conduct of his guests. Excessive use of alcoholic
beverages will be grounds for disqualification.
12. Beef and Pork Entries are $40.00 PER TEAM
ENTRY. Electrical fee See Entry Form.
13. Trophies will be awarded to the 1st and
2nd Place Fayette County Team and Out of County in Beef
Division. Trophies will be awarded to the 1st and 2nd Place Pork
Division. A Best Pit Team Trophy will be awarded as well as an
Brisket Champion Trophy and a Schulenburg Festival Champion. In
addition teams placing 3rd place in each division will have
their entry fee refunded.
14. The highest scoring Fayette County Team in
the Brisket Division will represent Fayette County in the
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo World Championship Barbeque
Contest. Insurance and entry fee will be paid by the Fayette
County Go Texan Committee
15. Prize Money will be 50% of Pork and Beef
Entries. Divisions: In County Beef Brisket, Out of Count Beef
Brisket, Pork Ribs.
1 to 10 Teams
1 place 50% of entry fees
11 to 20 teams 2 places
30% and 20% of entry fees
21 teams and up 3 places 25%, 15%
and 10% entry fees
16. Contest committeemen reserve the right to
make additional regulations as situations warrant. Decision of
the committee chairman and judges are final
17. No garnishes or sauces will be allowed. No
Babyback ribs will be allowed. Only St. Louis & Spare Ribs will
be allowed to qualify.
Pork Ribs Judging – Saturday Turn In
Time-2pm-2:20pm Judging - 2:30 p.m.
Brisket Judging - Saturday Turn In Time – 3:30 – 3:50 p.m.
Judging – 4 p.m.
18. DJs or Live Bands will not be allowed in
the cook-off area. Music played will be in LOW moderation. Music
will be discontinued after midnight on Friday and after 1:00
a.m. on Saturday. Violations of the above rules will result in
For further information please contact the
P O Box 622
P O Box 217
Flatonia, Texas 78941
Flatonia, Texas 78941